The Provident Foundation Scholarship Program
Our goal is to increase the number of underrepresented minority physicians and other professionals in the healthcare workforce in order to improve access to quality healthcare in medically underserved communities in Chicago.
We are excited to announce that we will be awarding up to 4 scholarships for $2500 to qualified high school seniors and college students throughout Chicago at the end of this school year.
The scholarship will be awarded to underrepresented minority students enrolled in their senior year of high school, or in their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in college in recognition of outstanding academic achievement, leadership, community service, and interest in urban health. The goal of this scholarship is to enhance underrepresented minority Chicago area students’ ability to pursue training in a medical field by offering financial assistance in the form of scholarships.
Candidate Eligibility Criteria:
- Lives in the Chicago Metropolitan Area
- Senior high school student or freshman, sophomore, junior or senior college student
- Underrepresented minority student
- Has demonstrated leadership ability
- Committed to serving medically underserved communities
- High School/College Transcript
- Three Personal Statements:
- experience, commitment to underserved populations
- leadership qualities
- description on how the student plans to use the scholarship money
- Curriculum Vitae (format will be provided to interested students)
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- from principal/teacher or from dean/professor/academic advisor
- from supervisor of community oriented activities